Mushroom Risotto from My Own Kitchen– Have you been looking for the best mushroom risotto but just haven’t been able to find it? Well I can tell you I love risotto and have been looking for a mushroom risotto that is full of flavor and melts in your mouth…makes you smile with every bite. Well guess what I found it in my own kitchen…and the best part is it’s not that difficult to make! I cook it while I’m zooming with my friends (with a nice glass of wine)! Secret: have all the ingredients ready to go!
1 ½ cup Arborio Rice
10 oz (2 cups) finely chopped mushrooms (some like them coarsely chopped)
4 mushrooms sliced thinly (for later)
1 cup of dry mushrooms (Porcini/Cremini)
¼ cup butter (a bit more for later to saute the sliced mushrooms)
2 cups finely chopped onions
8 cups vegetable broth (can use beef or chicken)
2/3 cup white wine (substitute with white vermouth or brandy)
2/3 cup parmesan cheese(want it creamier…add more)..extra for garnish
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp parsley or chives
¾ cup peas (frozen or fresh)
2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)…I add about ¼ tsp.
¼ tsp of garam masala
Salt and pepper
- Simmer the broth and set aside (keep it warm)
- Take some of the hot broth and put the dry mushrooms in for about 5 minutes. Make sure they are all soaked in the broth. Remove and finely chop. DONOT get rid of the broth…mix it with the other(adds flavor)
- Melt the butter, add olive oil, and chopped onions – saute for about 8-10 minutes..(tender not brown)
- Add the white mushrooms, cumin/coriander powder and garlic..give it a good mix!
- Add the mushrooms that were soaked and chopped.
- Slowly add the Arborio rice…give it a quick mix
- Add wine and cook until the liquid has absorbed (keep stirring so it doesn’t burn).
- Once the liquid has absorbed…slowly add 1 cup of the broth and mix
- Simmer over medium heat until the liquid has absorbed.
- Repeat the process until the rice is tender and mixture is creamy. (one cup at a time)
- Add Parsley.
- Add the garam masala and cayenne pepper
- Add the peas and cheese and stir
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Saute the sliced mushrooms in butter , dash of salt and pepper and use as garish for the risotto!
It’s ready to eat…I usually will have it with a salad and some sort of meat (pork chop/chicken breast) or as is..it is absolutely delish!
ENJOY..and remember to experiment! Don’t be afraid to try new recipes! Take it from someone who just started cooking…it’s fun!
You have left over… …what should you do with them..make rice balls (arancini balls)! All you need is flour, bread crumbs and egg! Make the rice balls, dip in flour then egg followed by bread crumbs and fry! Dip them in marinara pasta sauce or any other sauce you like! Yummy!!!
I’ll have couple of different ways to make the arancini balls for a more fun experiment! Stay tuned on