Updated: Aug 24, 2020
1 head of cauliflower (cut into small florets)
3 tbsp butter (save one tbsp for later)
Sea salt and pepper (grind it)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup heavy cream but I substituted (see below)
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk ( or any milk…I used skim)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
3. Melt 2 tbsp of butter. In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets with the melted butter, salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the florets on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Roast for about 10-15 minutes (untl crisp- tender)
6. In a heavy pan…add cheddar cheese, heavy milk, milk and remaining butter. Stir frequently until the mixture is smooth. Be careful not to over heat or burn the cheese.
7. Toss in the cauliflower with cheese sauce .
8. Sprinkle a bit of oregano for colour
9. Serve right away!
Heavy cream substitutions
1. ¼ cup butter and ¾ cup milk – can add 1 tbsp of flour to thicken
2. 2/3 cup Soy milk and 1/3 cup olive oil
3. 1 cup of milk ( any type of milk) and 2 tbsp of corn starch
4. Cottage cheese and milk in equal parts
You can experiment with different veggies if you don’t like cauliflower.