1. Trimbach, Pinot Blanc, Alsace, 2018, $20.95. A highly respected Alsatian house, terrific food white, or on its own as well. Drink now
2. Chateau Larose-Trintaudon, Cru-Bourgeois, Haut-Medoc, Bordeaux, 2009, $30.95. On the higher end for a Cru-Bourgeois, but this one has decent age, and from a good vintage. Drink now, scored 91 by Parker.
3. Halos de Jupiter, Cote du Rhone, 2018, $17.95. Generally good value from lower end Rhones, and this will be worth trying. Scored 90 by Parker. Drink now
4. Faustino I Gran Reserva, Rioja, 2008, $31.95. Nice age on this for a Rioja vintage that needs drinking now. Scored 90 by Parker.
5. La Tremenda, Monastrell, Alicante, Spain, 2017, $17. Steel-tank, and oak aged monastrell (aka mourvedre). This will be fruit-forward, and designed to drink now. Scored 92 by Parker.
Wine Reviews by Oliver Herbst